Things commonly found in city parks
1. Coins, this is a great place to hone your skills
2. Jewelry, practice listening to the different tones and learn to discriminate properly.
3 Junk! Lot's of pull tabs and bottle tops.. don't put them back, throw them away please.
Things commonly found on beaches
1. Coins, old and new. You have a better chance of finding treasure here.
2. Jewery, gold and silver! It's not a pirates booty, but still cool.
3. Relics and bottles. Be careful not to get cut!
4. Junk! Make sure you throw it out!
You have the ability to find rare items here.
1. Old coins, most of the time you will find pre 1964 ( silver era ) coins.
2. Old jewelry, gold and silver items.
3. Relics, buttons and bullets and bottles.
4. Can chunks and iron objects.. Please throw these away or recycle them.
Old homes are excellent for the beginner to expert. Please ask permission first!
You have the ability to find all kind of things here.
1. coins and tokens! Old and new.
2. Jewelry, gold and silver! You might even find an occasional piece costume jewelry that makes you think you struck it rich. lol
3. Relics, old items from toys to tags.. could be of value or not...
4. Junk.... Pull tabs, bottle tops, nails, foil, can chunks. Use the garbage can for these or take them with you.